Posted on June 25, 2013
I love art! My house is filled with many different types. I wanted to share some of my favorites with my readers. I don’t have a particular style of artwork that I favor, it just has to move me. Here’s a piece that’s in my home right now:
Can you guess who this Mexican artist is?
Posted on June 18, 2013
My next business trip takes me to Paris! I will be attending a very exciting conference called MAKEUP PARIS. Check in to our Twitter June 20th & 21st when I will be at this event. I will be learning about new ingredients, innovations and trends that I can incorporate into future products at GCI! Traveling abroad is completely different than traveling in the US, so I thought I’d share some of my travelling trips that I’ve learned over the years.
Style – I like to look stylish and fresh from the time I board the plane to the moment I arrive at my destination. I love a good pair of black fitted jeans (not too tight for long flights) and black V neck tee (or turtleneck) and noir cowboy boots that can easily slide on and off (think security check points!). My scarf and signature ZZL beanie are a must! The former keeps me warm during the flight and the latter makes sure my hair is presentable after napping during the flight. Don’t forget your oversized lunettes de soleil which hide tired eyes.
Luggage: I only take two carry ons; my computer bag (which besides holding my computer has last minute paperwork and magazines) and my back pack (which holds tickets, passport, organic sprouted almonds and BEAUTY ESSENTIALS). Partial list to follow;
Moisturize – Flying and climate changes can dry out your skin; I always pack my Marine Anti Aging Cream (which doubles up as a luxurious hand treatment) and Lip RX to keep my skin and lips moisturized.
Skip the soft drinks and alcohol (as it is known to dehydrate your entire body) and indulge in plenty of water. You will be on the ground soon and a cocktail bar not too far away to start your holiday!
Fresh – To freshen up I like to spritz our Sea Mineral Hydra Mist for a quick burst of hydration on my skin. The fresh scent is welcomed after sitting in stale plane air or travelling long distances by car.
I can’t wait for Paris in a few days and enjoy a European lifestyle full of frommage, champagne, facials and ART!
Rester Belle !
Posted on June 11, 2013
We all like to show off our nails on both our hands and feet. Summertime is especially important whether you are showing your feet in cute sandals at the beach or strappy heals at a wedding. There are so many fun nail art trends right now but you want to start with a good healthy strong base to show off these looks. Here’s 10 great tips to get you started!
1. Keep nails hydrated. Use Gabriel’s Nail & Cuticle Conditioner every evening before you go to bed or when your nails feel dry. Keep some in your purse so that you have it with you whenever you need it. This blend of three natural oils and vitamin E provide intense therapy that penetrates deeply and quickly, softening the cuticle and promoting strong, flexible natural nails.
2. Protect your nails from household chores. Wear gloves when you wash dishes or clean the bathroom. For hands that dry easily apply our White Seaweed Healing Hand and Body Lotion before you put your gloves on to keep them soft and supple.
3. Let your athletic shoes breathe. Ideally have more than one pair so you can switch out. You want to avoid putting your feet into damp, sweaty shoes that can cause nasty fungal infections.
4. Push cuticles back. There is no need to cut them. Be gentle when pushing back or the cuticle can become damaged and weaken the nail. Try pushing back after a shower or bath when they are soft.
5. File nails correctly. File nails in one direction to keep them strong as opposed to a back and forth motion. Never file after a shower or bath because they can break easier.
6. Make your nails strong. Make sure to get 300 micrograms of the B vitamin biotin four to six times a day for firmer, harder nails. If you have brittle nails taking biotin should help to improve them.
7. Massage your nails. This will help them become strong and shiny. Buffing nails stimulates them to grow by increasing blood supply to the nail.
8. Polish your nails. Wearing polish helps to protect your nails. Choose a polish like Gabriel Nail Color that doesn’t contain harmful chemicals and are toluene free, DBP free, Camphor free and Wheat & Gluten free.Don’t prefer color, using a clear coat like Gabriel Top Coat will still get the job done! Remove polish after 10 days otherwise it can end up drying your nails out.
9. Make your manicure last. Apply a top coat every day to keep your manicure looking fresh and lasting its longest!
10. Avoid polish removers with acetone or formaldehyde. They are bad for you and dry out your nail bed. Try using a gentle, conditioning and natural formula like our Nail Polish Remover Pads. They also have a nice citrus scent!
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.