Posted on March 25, 2013
1. Brighten your eyes. All women as we get older should use a little eyeliner. Don’t go too thick and apply it above top lashes. Or you can do a fine line and smudge it out (Gabriel Color Eye Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Eye Liner $13.80). For a softer look try using an eye shadow with angled brush along the lash line (Gabriel Eye Shadow $13.55/ZuZu Luxe Eye Shadow $15.25).
2. Less is more lip liner. Using too much lip liner has an aging effect that you want to avoid. When choosing a lip liner go with a neutral shade (Gabriel Nutmeg Lip Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Fresh or Innocence Lip Liner $13.80).
3. Hint of color. Glosses make lips look moist but after a certain age you want add some color to your lips. Don’t be afraid to mix and match lipsticks with a lip gloss which will give lips a fuller effect (Gabriel Lipstick/Lip Gloss $16.75 and ZuZu Luxe Lipstick/Lip Gloss $18.15).
4. Stick to natural. Stay clear of shadows with glitter and metallic. These frosted shades can cause the eyes to look more aged and wrinkled. Stick to softer more natural eye shadow shades (Gabriel Color Eye Shadow $13.55).
5. Contour to flatter. Jaw line and neck can be problem areas for some of us. Using a darker color (2-3 shades darker than foundation) to shadow and contour under the chin and onto neck. Or you can use a highlighting color to lift the face by applying below bottom of cheek and above the jaw line (Gabriel Dual Powder Foundation $26.35/ZuZu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation $28.30).
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: blush, cheek, contour, cosmetics, crueltyfree, eyes, eyeshadow, face, fifties, gabrielcosmetics, gloss, glutenfree, highlighting, lipgloss, lipliner, lips, makeup, makeuptips, mascara, mineralmakeup, natural, powder, shadow, tips, vegan, zuzu
Posted on March 15, 2013
The trend for Spring 2013 is blue eye liner and blue eye shadow. We love Rachel Zoe, did you see her blue eye liner on The Rachel Zoe Project? Blue eye liner is amazing since it makes your eyes pop even if you don’t have blue eyes! With so many different shades of blue the possibilities are endless. The look couldn’t be easier to create. Try keeping your eye nude by using Platinum eye shadow and then line with liquid liner like our Azure. If you’d rather use a pencil South Pacific or Ocean would do the trick as well!
For a look that makes you stand out from the crowd try using blue eye shadow this season. Try blending several shades to build the look. ZuZu Luxe’s Calypso and Breeze are used on the model above. When trying this trend for yourself don’t be afraid to experiment with all different shades of blue (turquoise, navy, sapphire, cyan). Remember the look is bright, bold and to make your eyes pop!
Posted on December 18, 2012
Do you ever recommend using a primer before applying mascara? Why didn’t you include one in your cosmetic lines?
Most have synthetic fibers that may be harmful to the delicate eye; however I would recommend our Clear Mascara, which coats the lashes and makes them appear fuller.
What are the major benefits with going with an all-natural mascara?
You are avoiding harsh chemicals found in mass-market mascaras. Ours helps promote healthy lash growth from vitamins and herbal extracts instead of mascara with synthetic fibers that just mimic.
Gabriel Color Mascara $15.20
Gentle and non-irritating formula with vitamin B-5 to lengthen and thicken lashes without clumping or smudging. Specially designed brush expertly defines, separates and creates maximum volume. Natural plant waxes and vitamins have been added for superior conditioning and protection for full healthy lashes.
Available Colors: Black, Black Brown
Zuzu Luxe Mascara $16.20
Designed to add some wattage to your wink! Clear Mascara conditions lashes to create a natural look or tame wild brows. .25oz/7.5ml
This gentle and non-irritating formula enriched with vitamins and herbal extracts will help protect each fragile eyelash and encourage maximum growth. The luxurious nylon brush is especially designed to add length while being clump proof and non-smudging. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
To make eyes really intense, apply multiple coats of ZuZu Luxe Mascara to the top lashes, stroking upward and to the very tip, then sweep the shade along lower lashes. Best used with our Brow/Lash Brush to separate the lashes eliminating any flakes or clumps.
Available Colors: Onyx, Espresso, Navy, Clear
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, gabriel, gluten free, makeup, mascara, mineral makeup, natural, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, crueltyfree, eco, extracts, gabriel, gentle, glutenfree, green, lashes, makeup, mascara, natural, sensitive, vegan, vitamins, zuzuluxe
Posted on November 28, 2012
What are the benefits of buying a 2-way foundation (or dual powder foundation) and what type of skin is best suited rather than a foundation and powder separately?
Our dual powder foundations are best suited for people with normal to oily skin because it is a powder formula vs. a liquid designed to absorb excess oil. The benefits are that you get two products in one; a foundation to provide an even skin tone and base and a powder to control shine. I would especially recommend for the woman on the go as it is in solid form vs. other mineral based powders that are loose and can’t get messy.
Powder Foundation tools: When to use a brush, sponge, and fingers and why to achieve flawless skin.
Our dual powder foundations come with a sponge to achieve two looks; use wet for maximum coverage or dry for a soft velvety finish. Our Powder Brush is also recommended for use throughout the day to prevent powder from appearing too cakey. Make sure to wash the sponge at least once a wekk to prevent any type of skin breakouts. I suggest using a cleanser to wash. I wouldn’t recommend using your finger with a powder foundation, as it would not apply correctly. I would only use fingers with a cream/liquid formula.
Posted on November 7, 2012
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.