Posted on February 5, 2014
Just as important as finding shades that are flattering for your lids is to understand your natural eye shape. This will help you when applying your shadow and liner to fit your face. Here are Gabriel’s tricks for each specific eye shape to make the most of that wink!
ALMOND EYES/UPTURNED EYES (think Angelina Jolie)
Most eye shadow techniques will work on this eye shape. The lower lid can look longer than the top lid. To make them appear more proportioned apply a pencil or dark shadow along the outer lower corner to bring down the lifted effect of the outer corner. Whatever look you’re achieving be sure to “mirror” the effect by swiping the colors along your bottom lash line.
DEEP SET EYES (think Julianne Moore)
Set deeper in the skull with large eyes creates the illusion of a prominent brow bone. Brighten the lid by using a metallic peach (try ZuZu Luxe Casino) or neutral (try Gabriel Color Bone) and illuminate your brow bone with a shimmery shade.
HOODED EYELIDS (think Blake Lively)
This is where an extra layer of skin droops over the crease, which in turn causes the lid to seem smaller. Apply darker shadow over and out past the crease, drawing the focus upwards. Tightlining the top waterline will enlarge your eye shape and thicken your lash base (try using Gabriel Angle Brush).
PROTRUDING EYE (think singer Mya)
This eye shape creates projected lids in the socket area. This shape gives you lots of area to work with. To keep this lid from overshadowing your look you’ll want to blend darker shades all over your eye. Smoky Eyes work best with this shape! Apply a thick liner along the upper lash and voila!
CLOSE SET EYES (think Jennifer Aniston)
This is when you have less than one eyeball width apart. To create the look of more space, just add sparkling or frosty light shadows in the inner corners (try ZuZu Luxe Platinum). Apply an extra dab of mascara to the outer corners of lashes to pull the focus outward.
WIDE SET EYES (think singer Brandy)
Wide set eyes are when you have more than one eyeball width apart. Lessen the look of extra space by using a black liner as close to the inner tear duct as possible, on both top and bottom lash lines. Swipe all of the lashes from mid eye towards your nose with a mascara comb (try using Gabriel Brow/Lash Brush).
DOWNTURNED EYES (think Camilla Belle)
These eyes have a slight drop to them on the outer corners. This is a great shape for creating the perfect cat eye! Apply a liquid liner (try ZuZu Luxe Liquid Liner Raven) on the top lid and extend out and up at a 45 degree angle. This will create balance.
MONOLID (think model/actress Devon Aoiki)
These lids are flat on the surface with not much of a crease or no crease. You will want to create an illusion of dimension and define the brow bone with gradient eye shadows, dark to light. Start with the darkest color to the lash line, soft neutral in the middle and lightest at the brow bone. Lastly curl your lashes for the added lift.
Posted on March 25, 2013
1. Brighten your eyes. All women as we get older should use a little eyeliner. Don’t go too thick and apply it above top lashes. Or you can do a fine line and smudge it out (Gabriel Color Eye Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Eye Liner $13.80). For a softer look try using an eye shadow with angled brush along the lash line (Gabriel Eye Shadow $13.55/ZuZu Luxe Eye Shadow $15.25).
2. Less is more lip liner. Using too much lip liner has an aging effect that you want to avoid. When choosing a lip liner go with a neutral shade (Gabriel Nutmeg Lip Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Fresh or Innocence Lip Liner $13.80).
3. Hint of color. Glosses make lips look moist but after a certain age you want add some color to your lips. Don’t be afraid to mix and match lipsticks with a lip gloss which will give lips a fuller effect (Gabriel Lipstick/Lip Gloss $16.75 and ZuZu Luxe Lipstick/Lip Gloss $18.15).
4. Stick to natural. Stay clear of shadows with glitter and metallic. These frosted shades can cause the eyes to look more aged and wrinkled. Stick to softer more natural eye shadow shades (Gabriel Color Eye Shadow $13.55).
5. Contour to flatter. Jaw line and neck can be problem areas for some of us. Using a darker color (2-3 shades darker than foundation) to shadow and contour under the chin and onto neck. Or you can use a highlighting color to lift the face by applying below bottom of cheek and above the jaw line (Gabriel Dual Powder Foundation $26.35/ZuZu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation $28.30).
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: blush, cheek, contour, cosmetics, crueltyfree, eyes, eyeshadow, face, fifties, gabrielcosmetics, gloss, glutenfree, highlighting, lipgloss, lipliner, lips, makeup, makeuptips, mascara, mineralmakeup, natural, powder, shadow, tips, vegan, zuzu
Posted on March 15, 2013
The trend for Spring 2013 is blue eye liner and blue eye shadow. We love Rachel Zoe, did you see her blue eye liner on The Rachel Zoe Project? Blue eye liner is amazing since it makes your eyes pop even if you don’t have blue eyes! With so many different shades of blue the possibilities are endless. The look couldn’t be easier to create. Try keeping your eye nude by using Platinum eye shadow and then line with liquid liner like our Azure. If you’d rather use a pencil South Pacific or Ocean would do the trick as well!
For a look that makes you stand out from the crowd try using blue eye shadow this season. Try blending several shades to build the look. ZuZu Luxe’s Calypso and Breeze are used on the model above. When trying this trend for yourself don’t be afraid to experiment with all different shades of blue (turquoise, navy, sapphire, cyan). Remember the look is bright, bold and to make your eyes pop!
Posted on March 8, 2013
Are you as excited about the release of Oz the Great and Powerful movie as we are? Gabriel was inspired to create The Wickedest Wing of the Northwest! This look coincides with Emerald the color of the year. Click on the above picture for steps on how to create this look or shop the look here SHOP LOOK.
Posted on February 6, 2013
1. Getting Even – Dark splotches and spots start appearing in your thirties. Use a full coverage foundation to even out skin tone. Try Gabriel Moisturizing Liquid Foundation $28.00 or ZuZu Luxe Oil Free Liquid Foundation $29.75.
2. Creating Bone Structure – As we age our skin loses its firmness and elasticity, which means saggy skin. The best way to combat this is adding a Bronzer to your arsenal. Sweep bronzer under each cheek bone, jaw line, sides of nose, and hairline to define face. Try our ZuZu Luxe Bronzer $28.30.
3. Perky Eyes – Life can be exhausting and we don’t want our delicate eye area to suffer. To hide dark circles find a concealer that matches your foundation. If you choose a concealer that is too light you will end up highlighting those areas. Try our concealers in both Gabriel Color $15.20 and ZuZu Luxe $16.70.
4. Open Eye – Highlighting your brow bone with a lighter shade for light skin tones, or bronze shade for dark skin tone, will make eye area appear more open. Try Bone (light) or Sable (dark) eye shadow in Gabriel Color $13.55 or Platinum (light) and Eternity (dark) in ZuZu Luxe $15.25.
Posted on November 21, 2012
Gabriel Cosmetics has introduced Fall & Holiday Gift Sets. Here is a face chart with a step by step guide to recreate The Holiday Basic Collection set look.