Posted on August 10, 2014
Have a sweet tooth? What better way to indulge than with these vegan and gluten free vanilla cupcakes! I whipped up these beauties and shared them with our home office team and they were a hit.
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, potato starch, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Add the oil, agave nectar, applesauce, vanilla, and lemon zest to the dry ingredients and combine. Stir in the hot water and mix until the batter is smooth.
Pour 1/3 cup batter into each prepared cup, almost filling it. Bake the cupcakes on the center rack for 22 minutes, rotating the tins 180 degrees after 15 minutes. The finished cupcakes will be golden brown and will bounce back when pressure is applied gently to the center.
Let the cupcakes stand in the tins for 20 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and cool completely. Using a frosting knife, gently spread 1 tablespoon vanilla frosting over each cupcake. Store the cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Posted on March 25, 2013
1. Brighten your eyes. All women as we get older should use a little eyeliner. Don’t go too thick and apply it above top lashes. Or you can do a fine line and smudge it out (Gabriel Color Eye Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Eye Liner $13.80). For a softer look try using an eye shadow with angled brush along the lash line (Gabriel Eye Shadow $13.55/ZuZu Luxe Eye Shadow $15.25).
2. Less is more lip liner. Using too much lip liner has an aging effect that you want to avoid. When choosing a lip liner go with a neutral shade (Gabriel Nutmeg Lip Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Fresh or Innocence Lip Liner $13.80).
3. Hint of color. Glosses make lips look moist but after a certain age you want add some color to your lips. Don’t be afraid to mix and match lipsticks with a lip gloss which will give lips a fuller effect (Gabriel Lipstick/Lip Gloss $16.75 and ZuZu Luxe Lipstick/Lip Gloss $18.15).
4. Stick to natural. Stay clear of shadows with glitter and metallic. These frosted shades can cause the eyes to look more aged and wrinkled. Stick to softer more natural eye shadow shades (Gabriel Color Eye Shadow $13.55).
5. Contour to flatter. Jaw line and neck can be problem areas for some of us. Using a darker color (2-3 shades darker than foundation) to shadow and contour under the chin and onto neck. Or you can use a highlighting color to lift the face by applying below bottom of cheek and above the jaw line (Gabriel Dual Powder Foundation $26.35/ZuZu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation $28.30).
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: blush, cheek, contour, cosmetics, crueltyfree, eyes, eyeshadow, face, fifties, gabrielcosmetics, gloss, glutenfree, highlighting, lipgloss, lipliner, lips, makeup, makeuptips, mascara, mineralmakeup, natural, powder, shadow, tips, vegan, zuzu
Posted on March 15, 2013
The trend for Spring 2013 is blue eye liner and blue eye shadow. We love Rachel Zoe, did you see her blue eye liner on The Rachel Zoe Project? Blue eye liner is amazing since it makes your eyes pop even if you don’t have blue eyes! With so many different shades of blue the possibilities are endless. The look couldn’t be easier to create. Try keeping your eye nude by using Platinum eye shadow and then line with liquid liner like our Azure. If you’d rather use a pencil South Pacific or Ocean would do the trick as well!
For a look that makes you stand out from the crowd try using blue eye shadow this season. Try blending several shades to build the look. ZuZu Luxe’s Calypso and Breeze are used on the model above. When trying this trend for yourself don’t be afraid to experiment with all different shades of blue (turquoise, navy, sapphire, cyan). Remember the look is bright, bold and to make your eyes pop!
Posted on January 30, 2013
Full and shaped brows can frame the face and give you a more youthful look.
TO CREATE A CLASSIC SHAPE:
1. Hold a pencil vertically against your nose and pluck stray hair to the right of it. Switch the pencil to the other side of your nose and repeat.
2. For the arch, hold your pencil again, but now angle it diagonally over the center of your iris. Your ideal brow high point is where the pencil hits the brow. Tweeze just three or four hairs from underneath to enhance the arch.
3. For the right length, place a pencil diagonally from the base of your nose to the outer corner of your eye. Where the pencil and brow bone meet is where your brow should end.
FOR THE FULLER, MORE EVEN BROW:
Posted on January 30, 2013
What tips do you have for highlighting and defining brow and cheek bones? Use Gabriel Bone eye shadow or ZuZu Luxe Platinum eye show to highlight and define brow bone. Tip: Use Uber or Hope lipstick on top of brow highlighter, because of the silver shimmer when the light hits it that area will be highlighted. For cheek bones contour with blush just below the cheek bones.
How do you maintain a ‘bronzed’ look, but don’t over do it for the winter time? Only apply where the sun would naturally hit the skin; bridge of nose, cheeks, hairline and jaw line. We suggest our bronzers in either D-28 or D-32. If a bronzer with no shimmer is desired you can use Gabriel Dual Powder Deep Beige for a more matte look.
Keep checking back for more great makeup tips from Gabriel! Stay beautiful!
Category: all natural, beauty, blush, bronzer, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, green, lips, lipstick, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, powder, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: all natural, blush, bronzer, cruelty free, gluten free, highlight, makeup, natural, vegan
Posted on January 23, 2013
The Heartbreaker Collection features two sets in either warm or cool tones designed to create the perfect pout! With Valentine’s Day around the corner I wanted to share the steps I take to create the perfect pout.
STEP ONE: Prep & Prime
Prep your lips with an application of Gabriel Organics Marine Lip Treatment to ensure your lips are soft and smooth (be sure to blot, lips should be moist not wet). Prime them with foundation and powder. This helps prolong the lipstick and creates a blank canvas
STEP TWO: Line Lips
Line your lips to create the desired shape. Use a lip liner with a dull point rather than freshly sharpened, this will create a softer, prettier definition.
STEP THREE: Fill in Lips
Fill in entire lip area with the lip liner used to shape your lips. This will help prolong the lipstick.
STEP FOUR: Apply Lipstick (ZZL Starlet Lipstick from the Heartbreaker Collection is used in picture)
You can always apply straight from the tube however using a lip brush helps with precision, I actually dipped the lip brush into the tip of the lipstick.
COLORS USED: ZuZu Luxe Cherry lip liner and ZuZu Luxe Starlet Lipstick from the Heartbreaker Collection.
Send us your pics, we would love to see your Perfect Pouts!
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, green, lipgloss, lips, lipstick, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, red, skincare, valentines, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: beauty, gluten free, heartbreaker, lipliner, lips, lipstick, makeup, natural, pout, red, valentines, vegan
Posted on January 23, 2013
VERA’S RUBY LIPS photo/Vera Farmiga ZuZu Luxe Lipstick in Vino De Amor
For extra staying power: blot once and reapply color To add shine: apply your favorite lip gloss on top
Category: all natural, cosmetics, cruelty free, gabriel, gluten free, green, lipgloss, lips, lipstick, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, skincare, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: beauty, gabriel, gluten free, lip brush, lipgloss, lips, lipstick, makeup, natural, skin care, vegan, zuzu, zuzuluxe
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.