Posted on July 17, 2014
Posted on May 21, 2014
Posted on February 26, 2014
When you think of spring you usually envision rosy cheeks and pink lips. This season, brace yourself as the trend is sexier and bolder than years past. Look forward to an edgier look that is easier to pull off than you think. Gabriel shows you how!
The hot lip color on the runways was orange! This shade is flattering on just about everyone and will make your lip pop next to all the pastels in clothing that you’ll be seeing. Try Gabriel Color Lipstick in Coral or Shades of Paradise Lip Palette.
Inky Eye Liner
Make a statement wearing black or charcoal smudged liner with minimal makeup. This makes for a casual yet cool look. Try ZuZu Luxe Liquid Liner in Raven.
Models on the runway looked as if they were wearing nothing on their faces. To recreate this look we suggest using small amounts of concealer. Then mix your moisturizer and liquid foundation to create a dewier complexion. Finally sweep a neutral shade on the apples of cheeks and lips. Try using Gabriel Color Multi Pots.
Start practicing these looks now as spring is just around the corner!
Posted on December 18, 2013
Posted on July 10, 2013
Admit it you like to sneak a peek at your daily horoscope. You don’t have to live your life by astrology but its fun sometimes to see how true it actually is. Depending on when we were born and what sign we are born under gives us some insight into our personality, how others view us, as well as our personal style. Below I’ve listed the different elements and how they factor into the colors you choose to wear.
Fire Signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)
Your personality: Like fire itself, they can flare up when inspired, making them seem very passionate about life.
Your makeup style: Fire signs lean toward brighter bold colors, such as red.
Try using ZuZu Luxe Starlet Lipstick to show off how fiery you are, while still being appropriate for daytime.
Air Signs (Aquarius, Gemini, Libra)
Your personality: The gift of Air is flexibility, and their ability to experience life through many prisms.
Your makeup style: Air signs lean toward more experimental makeup and more unique colors, such as purple or blue.
Try experimenting with ZuZu Luxe Calypso & Breeze Eye shadows for a look that’s as unique as you are.
Earth Signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn)
Your personality: They are oriented towards what is real and tend to blend in with their natural habitat. Your makeup style: Earth signs lean toward more of a natural expression of colors. More earth tones and neutral colors.
Try using Gabriel Color Chocolate Brown Eye shadow is an earthy warm chocolate-brown.
Water Signs (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio)
Your personality: Water signs are attuned to waves of emotion, and often seem to have a built-in sonar for reading a mood.
Your makeup style: Water signs lean toward a more sensual and moist expression, like glosses or luminous colors that reflect light.
Try using Gabriel Color Champagne Lip gloss to add shimmer to lips making it look like light is coming off you.
Can you guess what my sign is?
Posted on March 25, 2013
1. Brighten your eyes. All women as we get older should use a little eyeliner. Don’t go too thick and apply it above top lashes. Or you can do a fine line and smudge it out (Gabriel Color Eye Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Eye Liner $13.80). For a softer look try using an eye shadow with angled brush along the lash line (Gabriel Eye Shadow $13.55/ZuZu Luxe Eye Shadow $15.25).
2. Less is more lip liner. Using too much lip liner has an aging effect that you want to avoid. When choosing a lip liner go with a neutral shade (Gabriel Nutmeg Lip Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Fresh or Innocence Lip Liner $13.80).
3. Hint of color. Glosses make lips look moist but after a certain age you want add some color to your lips. Don’t be afraid to mix and match lipsticks with a lip gloss which will give lips a fuller effect (Gabriel Lipstick/Lip Gloss $16.75 and ZuZu Luxe Lipstick/Lip Gloss $18.15).
4. Stick to natural. Stay clear of shadows with glitter and metallic. These frosted shades can cause the eyes to look more aged and wrinkled. Stick to softer more natural eye shadow shades (Gabriel Color Eye Shadow $13.55).
5. Contour to flatter. Jaw line and neck can be problem areas for some of us. Using a darker color (2-3 shades darker than foundation) to shadow and contour under the chin and onto neck. Or you can use a highlighting color to lift the face by applying below bottom of cheek and above the jaw line (Gabriel Dual Powder Foundation $26.35/ZuZu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation $28.30).
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: blush, cheek, contour, cosmetics, crueltyfree, eyes, eyeshadow, face, fifties, gabrielcosmetics, gloss, glutenfree, highlighting, lipgloss, lipliner, lips, makeup, makeuptips, mascara, mineralmakeup, natural, powder, shadow, tips, vegan, zuzu
Posted on March 15, 2013
The trend for Spring 2013 is blue eye liner and blue eye shadow. We love Rachel Zoe, did you see her blue eye liner on The Rachel Zoe Project? Blue eye liner is amazing since it makes your eyes pop even if you don’t have blue eyes! With so many different shades of blue the possibilities are endless. The look couldn’t be easier to create. Try keeping your eye nude by using Platinum eye shadow and then line with liquid liner like our Azure. If you’d rather use a pencil South Pacific or Ocean would do the trick as well!
For a look that makes you stand out from the crowd try using blue eye shadow this season. Try blending several shades to build the look. ZuZu Luxe’s Calypso and Breeze are used on the model above. When trying this trend for yourself don’t be afraid to experiment with all different shades of blue (turquoise, navy, sapphire, cyan). Remember the look is bright, bold and to make your eyes pop!
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.