Posted on March 25, 2013
1. Brighten your eyes. All women as we get older should use a little eyeliner. Don’t go too thick and apply it above top lashes. Or you can do a fine line and smudge it out (Gabriel Color Eye Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Eye Liner $13.80). For a softer look try using an eye shadow with angled brush along the lash line (Gabriel Eye Shadow $13.55/ZuZu Luxe Eye Shadow $15.25).
2. Less is more lip liner. Using too much lip liner has an aging effect that you want to avoid. When choosing a lip liner go with a neutral shade (Gabriel Nutmeg Lip Liner $12.00/ZuZu Luxe Fresh or Innocence Lip Liner $13.80).
3. Hint of color. Glosses make lips look moist but after a certain age you want add some color to your lips. Don’t be afraid to mix and match lipsticks with a lip gloss which will give lips a fuller effect (Gabriel Lipstick/Lip Gloss $16.75 and ZuZu Luxe Lipstick/Lip Gloss $18.15).
4. Stick to natural. Stay clear of shadows with glitter and metallic. These frosted shades can cause the eyes to look more aged and wrinkled. Stick to softer more natural eye shadow shades (Gabriel Color Eye Shadow $13.55).
5. Contour to flatter. Jaw line and neck can be problem areas for some of us. Using a darker color (2-3 shades darker than foundation) to shadow and contour under the chin and onto neck. Or you can use a highlighting color to lift the face by applying below bottom of cheek and above the jaw line (Gabriel Dual Powder Foundation $26.35/ZuZu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation $28.30).
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: blush, cheek, contour, cosmetics, crueltyfree, eyes, eyeshadow, face, fifties, gabrielcosmetics, gloss, glutenfree, highlighting, lipgloss, lipliner, lips, makeup, makeuptips, mascara, mineralmakeup, natural, powder, shadow, tips, vegan, zuzu
Posted on February 6, 2013
1. Getting Even – Dark splotches and spots start appearing in your thirties. Use a full coverage foundation to even out skin tone. Try Gabriel Moisturizing Liquid Foundation $28.00 or ZuZu Luxe Oil Free Liquid Foundation $29.75.
2. Creating Bone Structure – As we age our skin loses its firmness and elasticity, which means saggy skin. The best way to combat this is adding a Bronzer to your arsenal. Sweep bronzer under each cheek bone, jaw line, sides of nose, and hairline to define face. Try our ZuZu Luxe Bronzer $28.30.
3. Perky Eyes – Life can be exhausting and we don’t want our delicate eye area to suffer. To hide dark circles find a concealer that matches your foundation. If you choose a concealer that is too light you will end up highlighting those areas. Try our concealers in both Gabriel Color $15.20 and ZuZu Luxe $16.70.
4. Open Eye – Highlighting your brow bone with a lighter shade for light skin tones, or bronze shade for dark skin tone, will make eye area appear more open. Try Bone (light) or Sable (dark) eye shadow in Gabriel Color $13.55 or Platinum (light) and Eternity (dark) in ZuZu Luxe $15.25.
Posted on January 30, 2013
What tips do you have for highlighting and defining brow and cheek bones? Use Gabriel Bone eye shadow or ZuZu Luxe Platinum eye show to highlight and define brow bone. Tip: Use Uber or Hope lipstick on top of brow highlighter, because of the silver shimmer when the light hits it that area will be highlighted. For cheek bones contour with blush just below the cheek bones.
How do you maintain a ‘bronzed’ look, but don’t over do it for the winter time? Only apply where the sun would naturally hit the skin; bridge of nose, cheeks, hairline and jaw line. We suggest our bronzers in either D-28 or D-32. If a bronzer with no shimmer is desired you can use Gabriel Dual Powder Deep Beige for a more matte look.
Keep checking back for more great makeup tips from Gabriel! Stay beautiful!
Category: all natural, beauty, blush, bronzer, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, green, lips, lipstick, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, powder, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: all natural, blush, bronzer, cruelty free, gluten free, highlight, makeup, natural, vegan
Posted on January 23, 2013
The Heartbreaker Collection features two sets in either warm or cool tones designed to create the perfect pout! With Valentine’s Day around the corner I wanted to share the steps I take to create the perfect pout.
STEP ONE: Prep & Prime
Prep your lips with an application of Gabriel Organics Marine Lip Treatment to ensure your lips are soft and smooth (be sure to blot, lips should be moist not wet). Prime them with foundation and powder. This helps prolong the lipstick and creates a blank canvas
STEP TWO: Line Lips
Line your lips to create the desired shape. Use a lip liner with a dull point rather than freshly sharpened, this will create a softer, prettier definition.
STEP THREE: Fill in Lips
Fill in entire lip area with the lip liner used to shape your lips. This will help prolong the lipstick.
STEP FOUR: Apply Lipstick (ZZL Starlet Lipstick from the Heartbreaker Collection is used in picture)
You can always apply straight from the tube however using a lip brush helps with precision, I actually dipped the lip brush into the tip of the lipstick.
COLORS USED: ZuZu Luxe Cherry lip liner and ZuZu Luxe Starlet Lipstick from the Heartbreaker Collection.
Send us your pics, we would love to see your Perfect Pouts!
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, foundation, gabriel, gluten free, green, lipgloss, lips, lipstick, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, red, skincare, valentines, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: beauty, gluten free, heartbreaker, lipliner, lips, lipstick, makeup, natural, pout, red, valentines, vegan
Posted on January 23, 2013
VERA’S RUBY LIPS photo/Vera Farmiga ZuZu Luxe Lipstick in Vino De Amor
For extra staying power: blot once and reapply color To add shine: apply your favorite lip gloss on top
Category: all natural, cosmetics, cruelty free, gabriel, gluten free, green, lipgloss, lips, lipstick, makeup, mineral makeup, natural, skincare, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: beauty, gabriel, gluten free, lip brush, lipgloss, lips, lipstick, makeup, natural, skin care, vegan, zuzu, zuzuluxe
Posted on January 15, 2013
Jessica Alba looked stunning at the 2013 Golden Globes. She popped in a bright tangerine lipstick. Rock this look yourself with Gabriel Cosmetics online exclusive Coral, available now!
Get this same look using our all natural, gluten-free, cruelty free and vegan Gabriel Color lipstick as seen on our model below:
To create this look the models lips were lined with Fresh lip liner from ZuZu Luxe by Gabriel Cosmetics. Instead of applying lipstick color straight from the tube try using a lipstick brush like Gabriel’s Lip Brush for precise application.
Posted on January 8, 2013
Want to delay aging and prevent problematic skin? Follow these easy steps:
• Protect your skin from the sun by using SPF or seeking the shade
• Cleanse and moisturize skin daily. As well as drinking plenty of water.
• Eat a healthy diet
• Do not smoke
• Try to limit your stress
How to determine your skin type?
Normal/Combination: Normal will not show traces of oil and will be least problematic. Combination will have areas of both dry and oily.
Dry/Dehydrated: Skin will feel dry, flaky and tight.
Oily/Overactive: Can look shiny, feel greasy, has large pores and acne/breakouts.
How often should you exfoliate?
Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and dirt leaving your skin soft and glowing! How many times a week you should exfoliate depends on the scrub. Our Red Seaweed Gentle Exfoliator is so gentle and soft you can use it every day as opposed to a more coarse scrub. The general rule is 2-3 times a week but skip it if your skin is feeling dry or irritated.
Should I include a mask in my skin care regimen?
Studies have shown that masks are worthwhile. Masks can balance out oily skin as well as making skin feel and look better. I would recommend using weekly to balance the skin. Both of our masks can be used on any skin type.
Sea Clay Purifying Mud Mask: A fresh blend of sea minerals and clays specifically formulated for its purifying, astringent and clarifying effect. This mineral-rich clay mask cleanses and purifies the skin by absorbing surface impurities and excess sebum. Seaweed helps to smooth an soothe, while sea kelp and aloe vera provide humectants and anti-irritants to moisturize and heal skin
Seaweed Hydrating Mask: An active formula of blue green algae, amino acids and plant extracts precisely blended to provide just the amount of hydration and resiliency needed for all skin types. Spirulina and sea fennel have been added to maximize the hydrating benefits. Vitamin E and aloe vera help to soothe and heal minor irritations, making this the ideal treatment to calm the effects of excessive sun exposure.
Gabriel Organics Specialty Skin Care Sets are formulated to benefit each skin type:
Normal to Combination
These Gabriel Organics skincare products were formulated especially for people whose skin type is neither oily nor dry, although there may be some shine in the “T-Zone ” area, to keep your complexion clear, smooth and radiant.
Normal to Combination Skincare Series (will include full size cleanser and moisturizer and a 2oz travel size tonic)
These Gabriel Organics skincare products were formulated specially for people with oily complexions to reduce oil production, mattify skin and unblock pores
Oily to Overactive Skincare Series (will include full size cleanser and moisturizer and a 2oz travel size tonic)
These Gabriel Organics skincare products were formulated specially for people with dry, dehydrated skin to restore a radiant, youthful-looking complexion and reduce the appearance of premature fine lines and wrinkles.
Dry Dehydrated Skincare Series (will include full size cleanser and moisturizer and a 2oz travel size tonic)
In addition to a basic, daily skin care treatment plan, most complexions require special treatment from time to time. Your skin may show outward signs of emotional or physical stress, environmental effects, or the change of seasons. Gabriel Organics addresses these special needs through a selection of results-oriented intensive treatment products, which help to bring the skin back to its normal balance. These products are beneficial to all skin types.
Specialty Skincare Series (Full size Red Seaweed Gentle Exfoliator, Sea Clay Purifying Mud Mask and Seaweed Hydrating Mask)
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, gabriel, gluten free, green, makeup, natural, skincare, vegan Tagged: aging, cleanse, complexion, cruelty free, exfoliate, healthy, hydrating, masks, moisturize, natural, organic, purifying, skin, skin type, skincare, usda, vegan
Posted on December 27, 2012
Posted on December 18, 2012
Do you ever recommend using a primer before applying mascara? Why didn’t you include one in your cosmetic lines?
Most have synthetic fibers that may be harmful to the delicate eye; however I would recommend our Clear Mascara, which coats the lashes and makes them appear fuller.
What are the major benefits with going with an all-natural mascara?
You are avoiding harsh chemicals found in mass-market mascaras. Ours helps promote healthy lash growth from vitamins and herbal extracts instead of mascara with synthetic fibers that just mimic.
Gabriel Color Mascara $15.20
Gentle and non-irritating formula with vitamin B-5 to lengthen and thicken lashes without clumping or smudging. Specially designed brush expertly defines, separates and creates maximum volume. Natural plant waxes and vitamins have been added for superior conditioning and protection for full healthy lashes.
Available Colors: Black, Black Brown
Zuzu Luxe Mascara $16.20
Designed to add some wattage to your wink! Clear Mascara conditions lashes to create a natural look or tame wild brows. .25oz/7.5ml
This gentle and non-irritating formula enriched with vitamins and herbal extracts will help protect each fragile eyelash and encourage maximum growth. The luxurious nylon brush is especially designed to add length while being clump proof and non-smudging. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
To make eyes really intense, apply multiple coats of ZuZu Luxe Mascara to the top lashes, stroking upward and to the very tip, then sweep the shade along lower lashes. Best used with our Brow/Lash Brush to separate the lashes eliminating any flakes or clumps.
Available Colors: Onyx, Espresso, Navy, Clear
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, gabriel, gluten free, makeup, mascara, mineral makeup, natural, vegan, zuzu luxe Tagged: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, crueltyfree, eco, extracts, gabriel, gentle, glutenfree, green, lashes, makeup, mascara, natural, sensitive, vegan, vitamins, zuzuluxe
Posted on December 11, 2012
Peonies are my favorite flower and I got inspired by the beauty of nature to decorate my home.
Here are some tips for making your lovelies last their longest: