Posted on June 11, 2013
We all like to show off our nails on both our hands and feet. Summertime is especially important whether you are showing your feet in cute sandals at the beach or strappy heals at a wedding. There are so many fun nail art trends right now but you want to start with a good healthy strong base to show off these looks. Here’s 10 great tips to get you started!
1. Keep nails hydrated. Use Gabriel’s Nail & Cuticle Conditioner every evening before you go to bed or when your nails feel dry. Keep some in your purse so that you have it with you whenever you need it. This blend of three natural oils and vitamin E provide intense therapy that penetrates deeply and quickly, softening the cuticle and promoting strong, flexible natural nails.
2. Protect your nails from household chores. Wear gloves when you wash dishes or clean the bathroom. For hands that dry easily apply our White Seaweed Healing Hand and Body Lotion before you put your gloves on to keep them soft and supple.
3. Let your athletic shoes breathe. Ideally have more than one pair so you can switch out. You want to avoid putting your feet into damp, sweaty shoes that can cause nasty fungal infections.
4. Push cuticles back. There is no need to cut them. Be gentle when pushing back or the cuticle can become damaged and weaken the nail. Try pushing back after a shower or bath when they are soft.
5. File nails correctly. File nails in one direction to keep them strong as opposed to a back and forth motion. Never file after a shower or bath because they can break easier.
6. Make your nails strong. Make sure to get 300 micrograms of the B vitamin biotin four to six times a day for firmer, harder nails. If you have brittle nails taking biotin should help to improve them.
7. Massage your nails. This will help them become strong and shiny. Buffing nails stimulates them to grow by increasing blood supply to the nail.
8. Polish your nails. Wearing polish helps to protect your nails. Choose a polish like Gabriel Nail Color that doesn’t contain harmful chemicals and are toluene free, DBP free, Camphor free and Wheat & Gluten free.Don’t prefer color, using a clear coat like Gabriel Top Coat will still get the job done! Remove polish after 10 days otherwise it can end up drying your nails out.
9. Make your manicure last. Apply a top coat every day to keep your manicure looking fresh and lasting its longest!
10. Avoid polish removers with acetone or formaldehyde. They are bad for you and dry out your nail bed. Try using a gentle, conditioning and natural formula like our Nail Polish Remover Pads. They also have a nice citrus scent!
Posted on March 3, 2013
We love this healthy salad that is good for you inside and out!
A tasty salad full of all the skin-essentials with a dressing that looks like a beauty spa facial mask, that is so good you’ll want to eat this mask instead! After all, beauty happens from the inside out.
2 handfuls of spinach
1 carrot, grated or shredded
2 radishes, sliced paper thin with a mandolin
2 small cucumbers (peeled if not organic) sliced in half lengthways
1 small red onion, sliced very thin with a mandolin
3 limes, juiced
1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp honey
1 handful of fresh soft herbs(works best with dill, cilantro or basil leaves)
¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
1. Put the sliced onion in a small bowl with the lime juice to soak for at least 10 minutes. If you do this ahead of time, leaving it to soak for an hour…
View original post 141 more words
Posted on January 10, 2013
The smartest health change I ever made was to make a conscious decision to avoid sugar in my diet
My hidden talent is taking traditional dishes and making them healthy
Whenever I’m tempted to skip a workout, I tell myself, “If I start with a shorter work out, nine times out of ten I’ll talk myself into finishing the whole thing!”
The last thing I do before I go to bed is read
I’ve always wanted to go to Florence Italy
The one food I’ll never give up is pizza
Posted on January 8, 2013
Want to delay aging and prevent problematic skin? Follow these easy steps:
• Protect your skin from the sun by using SPF or seeking the shade
• Cleanse and moisturize skin daily. As well as drinking plenty of water.
• Eat a healthy diet
• Do not smoke
• Try to limit your stress
How to determine your skin type?
Normal/Combination: Normal will not show traces of oil and will be least problematic. Combination will have areas of both dry and oily.
Dry/Dehydrated: Skin will feel dry, flaky and tight.
Oily/Overactive: Can look shiny, feel greasy, has large pores and acne/breakouts.
How often should you exfoliate?
Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and dirt leaving your skin soft and glowing! How many times a week you should exfoliate depends on the scrub. Our Red Seaweed Gentle Exfoliator is so gentle and soft you can use it every day as opposed to a more coarse scrub. The general rule is 2-3 times a week but skip it if your skin is feeling dry or irritated.
Should I include a mask in my skin care regimen?
Studies have shown that masks are worthwhile. Masks can balance out oily skin as well as making skin feel and look better. I would recommend using weekly to balance the skin. Both of our masks can be used on any skin type.
Sea Clay Purifying Mud Mask: A fresh blend of sea minerals and clays specifically formulated for its purifying, astringent and clarifying effect. This mineral-rich clay mask cleanses and purifies the skin by absorbing surface impurities and excess sebum. Seaweed helps to smooth an soothe, while sea kelp and aloe vera provide humectants and anti-irritants to moisturize and heal skin
Seaweed Hydrating Mask: An active formula of blue green algae, amino acids and plant extracts precisely blended to provide just the amount of hydration and resiliency needed for all skin types. Spirulina and sea fennel have been added to maximize the hydrating benefits. Vitamin E and aloe vera help to soothe and heal minor irritations, making this the ideal treatment to calm the effects of excessive sun exposure.
Gabriel Organics Specialty Skin Care Sets are formulated to benefit each skin type:
Normal to Combination
These Gabriel Organics skincare products were formulated especially for people whose skin type is neither oily nor dry, although there may be some shine in the “T-Zone ” area, to keep your complexion clear, smooth and radiant.
Normal to Combination Skincare Series (will include full size cleanser and moisturizer and a 2oz travel size tonic)
These Gabriel Organics skincare products were formulated specially for people with oily complexions to reduce oil production, mattify skin and unblock pores
Oily to Overactive Skincare Series (will include full size cleanser and moisturizer and a 2oz travel size tonic)
These Gabriel Organics skincare products were formulated specially for people with dry, dehydrated skin to restore a radiant, youthful-looking complexion and reduce the appearance of premature fine lines and wrinkles.
Dry Dehydrated Skincare Series (will include full size cleanser and moisturizer and a 2oz travel size tonic)
In addition to a basic, daily skin care treatment plan, most complexions require special treatment from time to time. Your skin may show outward signs of emotional or physical stress, environmental effects, or the change of seasons. Gabriel Organics addresses these special needs through a selection of results-oriented intensive treatment products, which help to bring the skin back to its normal balance. These products are beneficial to all skin types.
Specialty Skincare Series (Full size Red Seaweed Gentle Exfoliator, Sea Clay Purifying Mud Mask and Seaweed Hydrating Mask)
Category: all natural, beauty, cosmetics, cruelty free, gabriel, gluten free, green, makeup, natural, skincare, vegan Tagged: aging, cleanse, complexion, cruelty free, exfoliate, healthy, hydrating, masks, moisturize, natural, organic, purifying, skin, skin type, skincare, usda, vegan
Posted on December 12, 2012
See more of what inspires me at www.pinterest.com/gabrielcosmetic
Posted on November 14, 2012
Posted on November 13, 2012
I am obsessed with juicing! It is a delicious and healthful way to get all of the vitamins and minerals we need. I prefer to pick up my fruits and veggies at the local farmers market however if that is not an option for you (or convenient) I suggest buying organic. Here’s one of my recipes:
Best of Health,
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.